The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is a program sponsored by UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) to enable outstanding and motivated individuals to learn the knowledge and skills essential for sustainable development, aimed towards those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
It works in accordance with the CSFP (Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan) and is a striking illustration of the UK’s protracted dedication to the Commonwealth.
The work of the CSC brings together sustainable development and the national interests of the UK. It offers chances for international partnerships and collaboration by luring people from all backgrounds with exceptional talent and observable potential and helping them develop into leaders and innovators once they return to their home nations.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Eligibility
- Citizen of any of the Commonwealth countries.
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class Division.
- Not studied or worked in a developed country for more than a year.
- Unable to afford the studying in the Uk
- Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Lucia.
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Togo, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, and Zambia.
- Travel expenses
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses
- Thesis funding
- Clothing allowances
- Child allowances (where applicable)
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Scholarship Selection Criteria
- Academic Merit
- The promise of positive impact in the home country
How to Apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
Candidates must apply for admission to a Master’s program at a UK university that is participating in the program and submit an online application for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship.
Applications must be submitted by December 13, 2022.
International students looking for an opportunity to study abroad but have limited finances should make good use of this opportunity.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Programme was created to help international students fulfil their dreams of studying in the United Kingdom.
Application for this scholarship will close soon; share with your friends in other countries looking for an opportunity to study in the United Kingdom.