This is to inform the general public that Black Diamond Engineering Limited is currently recruiting for the position of Commercial Manager
Black Diamond is an engineering firm consulting with a broad spectrum of engineering services from visioning and strategy to detailed designed, from implementation and capacity building to realizing and sustaining value. We also provide a unique blend of engineering consulting in supporting our clients to get results.
Job Title: Commercial Manager
To see other job positions offered by Black Diamond Engineering Limited, click HERE
Purpose of the Role
- To coordinate and oversee the commercial management for the design and delivery of projects, working collaboratively with contractors, surveyors and other project team members to ensure consistence and quality delivery of construction projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Quantity Surveying.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the Construction Industry.
- Project Management training and experience. Certification is an advantage
- Experience in commercial issues to include tendering, contract negotiation and vendor management.
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to lead a team to deliver great results.
- Liaising with clients to negotiate and agree contracting bids for new projects
- Creating budgets for construction projects
- Reporting on project costs as they progress
- Working with the project team and other professionals to ensure costs are kept within budget
- Expanding or improving commercial procedures, processes and policies
- Ensuring projects stay within regulatory guidelines
- Take responsibility for the commercial performance of all projects
- Develop commercial strategies and lead on contractual negotiations
- Ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with the contract
- Provide accurate cost advice and financial reporting to Management
- Constructively challenge processes and management decisions to bring about service improvements
- Clearly articulate project needs on a stage by stage basis
- Pro-actively contribute to value management and value engineering studies at project and programme level.
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.