Applications are now being accepted from qualified individuals for entry into the Benue State University, Makurdi (BSUM) Preliminary Vocational and Technical Studies (VTS) Programme for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Available Pre-VTS Programmes at BSUM
BSUM’s Preliminary VTS Programme opens doors to admission in the following programs:
B. Sc. (Ed) Business Education
Specialization options in:
B.Sc. (Ed) Technology Education
Specialization options in:
- Automobile Mechanic Building Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
- Metal Work
- Welding and Fabrication
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Woodwork
- Agricultural Mechanic
Benue State University Pre-VTS Admission – Entry Qualification
To qualify for admission, candidates must meet general and specific requirements for individual Pre-VTS areas of specialization.
General Entry Requirements
Candidates are required to possess at least four (4) credits, including English Language in:
- NABTEB (NTC or NBC)
- C & GI or II
- Federal Craft Training Certificate
- Or any other equivalent qualifications as approved by the University.
Four (4) ‘O’ Level credits, including English Language, Mathematics, Economics or any business/vocational subject.
Computer Science Education
Four (4) ‘O’ Level credits including English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics or NTC subject.
Home Economics Education
Four (4) ‘O’ Level credits must include English Language and 3 relevant subjects from Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, Food Science, and Home Economics.
Industrial Technology Education
Four (4) ‘O’ Level credits, including English Language and any other three of Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Physics, Chemistry or NTC subjects.
Duration: Two Semesters
How to Apply for the BSUM Pre-VTS Admission Form
- Applications are only available on the online platform. Interested candidates are to visit the Benue State University website www.bsum.edu.ng (under applications on the Benue State University portal section)
- Click on Preliminary Vocational and Technical Studies, complete the pre-registration information, and submit.
- Generate an application number.
- Print a copy of the pre-registration form.
- Next, proceed to the designated bank (Fidelity) with the printed copy of the pre-registration and pay a non-refundable application fee of five thousand (N5,000) naira using the generated application number.
- After completing payment, applicants must re-visit the Benue State University Portal under Application and click on Pre-VTS to complete the application form.
- Click the submit button when done.
- Applicants are expected to print a copy of the completed form, attach all relevant photocopies of credentials (payment receipt, WASSCE, NECO, NTC, Results, Birth Certificate, Local Government Certificate of Origin, 3 passport photographs), then submit to the Pre-VTS.
Return of Application Forms:
Completed application forms must be returned with relevant photocopies of certificates and other relevant credentials to:
Preliminary Vocational and Technical Studies
Faculty of Education, Benue State University
(08161818299 / 08085429366)
Closing Date for Applications
Applications for the Preliminary Vocational and Technical Studies Programme will close on Friday, 24th November 2023.
Interested candidates are encouraged to review the requirements and apply before the closing date.
Keep tabs with us as we will continue to update you with more school information.
We at Realmina wish you success in your academic pursuits.