Applications are now open for the Bertarelli Foundation PhD International Scholarships.
Applicants can work within an established team on the conservation biology of sea turtles in the Western Indian Ocean (WIO)
These research studies entail working:
- Studying the foraging ecology of sea turtles in the WIO (one of the priorities of the IOSEA Marine Turtle MoU).
- Assessing the nesting numbers in the Chagos Archipelago and making broad comparisons across the WIO and globally.
- Assessing the changes in the sea turtles demography across the WIO, such as changes in body size and reproductive output.
- Identifying important habitats while assessing the movements of sea turtles across the WIO.
- Assessing the impact of ocean currents on sea turtles’ movements.
The host University is the Swansea University in the United Kingdom.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Candidates will be eligible
- If they hold an undergraduate degree (first-class or second-class upper division), honours in Biosciences or other related subjects, and/or a distinction at Master’s degree level in Marine Biology
- Note that a Non-UK equivalent, as defined by Swansea University, is also allowed.
- If they have skills in data analysis for any of the project areas and experience in the field.
- If they must prove English proficiency with an overall score of 6.5 in IELTS 6.5 (scoring at least 6.0 in the individual components) or Swansea recognized equivalent.
How to Apply
Interested individuals can visit the University’s portal to apply for the program.
The following instructions should be adhered to when applying:
- Select Biological Sciences; PhD; Full-time; 3 Years; October.
- Select the starting year as the current year.
- Click on “No” for the question: ‘Are you funding your studies yourself?’ and “RS118 – PhD WIO” for the question: ‘Name of Individual or organisation providing funds for study.
Support documents should also be submitted alongside the application. These documents include the following:
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’.
- Two references
- Proof of English Language proficiency.
- Copy of UK resident visa
Who is the host of the Scholarship?
Sydney Quantum Academy. Australia
The Scholarship covers which degree types?
What is the value of the Scholarship?
The full cost of the international tuition fees is covered, together with an annual stipend of £16,062.
Additional research expenses will be made available.
Students from which countries are eligible for the Scholarship?
Students from countries around the Indian Ocean regions, such as
South Africa, Singapore, Comoros, Madagascar, Mozambique, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles, Somalia, Timor-Leste, Djibouti, Tanzania, India, Pakistan, Myanmar, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Oman, Bangladesh, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Yemen.
Which Courses are covered under the Programme?
Marine Conservation Biology.
The Bertarelli Foundation PhD International Scholarships are an opportunity for International students, especially those from developing countries, to get quality exposure to research in Conservation Biology.
We encourage you to promptly apply for this scholarship through the link in this article. Kindly share this article with your friends. Cheers.