Many Students find it hard to calculate their aggregate score and cut-off mark as this varies for different Institutions.
Before this, we are going to tell you what aggregate and Post-UTME Score means and what things are to be considered before calculating the aggregate score.
Auchi Polytechnic is a Federal Polytechnic in Auchi, Edo State, Nigeria, that has over 10,000 students enrolled in business, technology, environmental, and arts courses.
What is Post-UTME Score?
After every UTME exercise, the exam body sets a particular mark (e.g., 120). This mark is a score a candidate must have or cross to qualify him or her to sit for the chosen school’s Post-UTME exercise.
This mark is announced to all schools to enable them to decide the number of candidates they will admit.
After the school’s decision, they announce a particular mark that must not be lower than the mark the UTME body fixed.
Any candidate who crosses the mark set by the UTME body and does not reach the chosen school’s mark is NEVER eligible to sit for the school’s Post-UTME.
This mark or score set by the school admission board is known as SCHOOL’S CUT-OFF MARK.
How to Calculate Auchi Polytechnic Aggregate Score
To correctly calculate your aggregate, know that the JAMB Examination is made up of 400 marks, whereas the Auchi Polytechnic Post UTME is made 100 marks.
- Divide your JAMB score by 8,
- Divide your Post UTME score by 2,
- Add up the result.
This is how to calculate yours.
If Treasure scored 240 in her JAMB and 80 in her Post UTME, then her Aggregate score can be gotten by following these steps.
40+ 30= 70
Treasure’s aggregate score is 70
Auchi Poly Cut-off Mark
Auchi Polytechnic’s institutional cut-off mark for the 2020/2021 academic session admission exercise is 120 and above. See the cut-off point required for each programme below:
- Accountancy ›› 180
- Agricultural & Bio environment engineering Tech ›› 150
- Agricultural Technology ›› 150
- Architectural Technology ›› 150
- Banking & Finance ›› 160
- Building Technology ›› 150
- Business Administration ›› 180
- Ceramics Technology ›› 150
- Chemical Engineering Technology ›› 150
- Civil Engineering Technology ›› 180
- Computer Science ›› 180
- Electrical /Electronic Engineering Technology ›› 180
- Estate Management ››150
- Fashion Design and Clothing Tech. ›› 120
- Food Technology; 150
- General Art & Design ›› 120
- Hospitality Management ›› 150
- Marketing ›› 160
- Mass Communication ›› 180
- Mechanical Engineering Tech ›› 180
- Mineral & Petroleum Resources Eng. Tech ›› 150
- Office Technology and Management ›› 150
- Photography ›› 120
- Polymer Technology ›› 150
- Public Administration ›› 160
- Quantity Surveying ›› 150
- Science laboratory Technology ›› 180
- Statistics ›› 150
- Survey and Geoinformatics ›› 150
- Urban & Regional Planning ›› 150
Now that you know the cut-off mark for Auchi Poly, ensure you study and prepare well to meet the cut-off mark.
We at Realmina wish you the best!