This article is designed to help students who wish to study Vocational Education under the Faculty of Education at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU).
It is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered at NSUK to carefully confirm and see if the course they selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
- ATBU Matriculation
- ATBU Admission Form
- How to Check JAMB Admission Status
- JAMB Syllabus
- ATBU Resumption Date
- ATBU School Fees
- JAMB Past Questions and Answers
- ATBU Cut-Off Mark
- ATBU Official List of Courses
About Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU)
North-eastern Nigeria’s Bauchi is home to the Federal University of Technology, known as Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU).
The university bears Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa’s name, who served as the Federal Republic of Nigeria’s first prime minister. “Doctrina Mater Artium,” the university’s motto, is Latin for “Education is the mother of the practical arts.”
Admission Requirements for Vocational Education
WAEC/NECO Subject Combination
The WAEC/NECO subject combination and requirements needed to study Vocational Education are five (5) credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology/General Science/Agricultural Science, and any other two relevant subjects.
JAMB Subject Combination
In UTME, please note that the English Language is Compulsory for this course.
Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combinations needed to study Vocational Education at ATBU are Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science, and any other relevant subject.
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Vocational Education if you do not intend to use UTME.
- NCE at Pass level (CGPA of less than 2.40) in Agriculture/Biology as a double major or in combination with another teaching subject with at least two years of post-graduation experience
- NCE with at least an overall pass at Merit/ Lower Credit level (CGPA of not less than 2.40) in Agriculture as a double major
- NCE with at least an overall pass at Merit/ Lower Credit level (CGPA of not less than 2.40) in Biology and any other science subject.
- OND/ND from a recognized institution with at least two years post-graduation experience and a minimum overall pass at Merit/Lower Credit level (CGPA of not less than 2.40) in Biology/Agriculture and any other science subject.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into ATBU for the 2023/2024 session should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored a minimum of 180 and above in your JAMB result.
We believe this article has been of great help to you in your research.
Please leave a comment in the box below. Remember to share this article with your friends. Cheers