Asido Foundation is a not-for-profit charitable organization that seeks to counter the ocean of ignorance around mental health by providing evidence-based information and engaging in advocacy and intervention activities aimed at improving the mental health needs of Nigerians.
The Asido Foundation (AF) essay competition is receiving applications for prizes to be won.
Undergraduate students in tertiary institutions in Nigeria are invited to submit essays on the topic: Mainstreaming Mental Health in Nigeria: Barriers and Opportunities.
Jemila Abubakar was the pioneer Project Manager of the Asido Foundation. She was a great treasure in commitment, creativity, passion, and a strong desire to help others.
Sadly, they lost her after a brief illness in July 2020. The Asido Foundation plans to keep her memory alive through an Annual Essay Competition for undergraduates of all Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria. The theme will always be a topical mental health issue.
Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition Eligibility
- Must be an undergraduate of any tertiary institution in Nigeria
- Must be able to provide evidence of studentship.
- Must sign the Asido Foundation’s unashamed pledge.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition Prizes and Benefits
- 1st Place — N200,000
- 2nd Place — N150,000
- 3rd Place — N100,000
On the 19th of January, Winners will be announced, and the top 15 will be awarded a certificate and enrolled as JAME 2023 Fellowship Mentees.
At the end of the competition, participants will:
- Have improved knowledge of mental health.
- Be encouraged to become mental health advocates.
- Gain more knowledge in essay writing.
How to Enter Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition
- Your essay should be between 750 and 1,500 words in length.
- Entry is to be sent ONLY in Word document format to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kindly attach a scanned copy of a recent passport photograph, evidence of studentship, and your certificate of the signed unashamed pledge.
- The email should contain the following details: your Full name, email address, phone number, name of institution, department, course of study, and level of study.
For more inquiries: email@example.com, 08180777458.
Getting a scholarship is one of the best things to happen to anyone seeking to study.
You get to save more money than taking student loans or spending your earning money on tuition.
This is The aim of the article to bring you different scholarships you can consider applying for.
I hope this helps. Check our blog for more updates.