Applications for the Africa Health Research Institute/UCL PhD Studentship 2022/2023 are open for eligible Students who permanently reside in South Africa. This AHRI/UCL PhD Studentship opportunity covers tuition fees and living costs of candidates to undertake a PhD at UCL. This is funded by UCL’s Global Engagement Office.
Students will be expected to spend most of their time in South Africa, conducting their research at AHRI. While in London, students will be expected to attend seminars, postgraduate club meetings and other UCL doctoral students’ events.
Eligible Field(s): The proposed PhD research must be in the field of Medical Sciences and/or Population Health. This covers everything from single molecules through to cells and tissues to whole organisms and animal and human populations for improved human health and wellbeing worldwide.
Eligible Countries: Any. Be domiciled in South Africa
Recommended for you:
To be Taken at (Country): UK & South Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of AHRI/UCL PhD Studentship: 3 years
Applicants for AHRI/UCL PhD Studentship must:
- Be domiciled in South Africa at the time of application.
- Hold a letter of recommendation from a proposed supervisor at UCL*
- Be working with AHRI already or hold an approved letter of support to complete a PhD at AHRI*
- Be willing to stay in London for up to one year during their PhD studies. This time can be split into two periods of six months if required.
NOTE: Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- All fees for a three-year doctorate at UCL per year.
- Two round-trip economy air fares to and from SA to UK.
- Support for reasonable London living costs for up to one year.
- UCL Bench fees.
- Support for Durban living costs for two years.
Here are more scholarships like this you might like:
How to Apply
Please complete the AHRI/UCL PhD Studentship Application form in detail and upload the following documents: Closing date is 5pm Friday, 03 June 2022.
- Letter of recommendation from your proposed supervisor at AHRI.
- Letter of recommendation from your proposed supervisor at UCL.
- A copy of your academic CV.
- Certified copies of your academic transcripts and original certificates.
*For further information or assistance with identifying an AHRI supervisor and letter of recommendation from UCL, please contact Aruna Sevakram via email@example.com with ‘AHRI/UCL PhD Studentship” in the subject header.
Application Deadline: 3rd June 2022 5pm