The scholarships are designed to help international students pursue a Higher Degree by Research at Flinders University. The AGRTPS offers overseas tuition reimbursement, a living allowance, and Overseas Health Care coverage.
Each year, a limited number (up to 5) of AGRTPS are available, and the scholarship process is quite competitive.
The AGRTPS is given to applicants with exceptional capacity for independent research.
When selecting AGRTPS, academic merit, academic research training, research indicators, and performance are all considered.
The scholarship is renewable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate and two years for a Master’s degree.
Successful applicants must study full-time and begin a higher degree program by the deadline.
About Flinders University
Flinders University is a South Australian public research university. It was named after British sailor Matthew Flinders, who explored and mapped the South Australian coastline in the early nineteenth century.
Flinders is a lush university and an Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group member.
Flinders University Australian Government Research Training Programme Scholarship
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: Flinders University
- Country to study: Australia
- School to study: Flinders University
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: August 5, 2023
Aim and Benefits of Flinders University Australian Government Research Training Programme Scholarship
- The AGRTPS pays a stipend at the Australian Government’s regular rate of $28,854 per year (2023 full-time rate). The AGRTPS also includes a position in a Research Training Programme (RTP), which gives a tuition cost offset for up to four years.
- An AGRTPS student who relocates to Adelaide from another country is eligible for an establishment stipend of up to $1,485 (after arrival at Flinders) to help with relocation fees and airfares, providing receipts can be supplied.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Requirements for Flinders University Australian Government Research Training Programme Scholarship Qualification
Awards are generally only available to those who:
- Be a citizen of any nation other than New Zealand and not have Australian citizenship, permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship; and
- Candidates must intend to enter full-time study for a higher degree in Australia for the first time in the year for which the award is being granted.
- Students who began their higher degree by research the previous year but were unable to apply for an AGRTPS due to the timing of their application for admission and subsequent enrolment or who began a higher degree by research and terminated that enrolment within six months of commencement may be considered; and
- Intend to enroll in a research concentration area. These are areas where the University has a special strength, where it has concentrated its research resources, where it has garnered external financing; and
Fulfil all entry requirements for a higher degree through research, including English proficiency levels as defined by the HDR English Language Proficiency Requirements.
- The Scholarships Committee will select grant recipients based on academic merit and research potential.
Guidelines for Ranking Postgraduate Research Scholarships at the University Applications will be utilized to rate them.
- The University will give students pursuing a higher degree through research for the first time precedence.
August 5, 2023
Please ensure to subscribe to this page and share this page with your friends.
We will update this page as soon as there is more information concerning the Australian Government Research Training Programme Scholarship AGRTPS.
RealMina wishes you success in your endeavours!