The deadline for submitting entries for the Africa Philanthropy Network (APN) Essay Contest is set at June 29, 2023, and contributions from young people between the ages of 18 and 35 are presently being accepted.
Are you a young African writer who would like to share original thoughts on how African philanthropy may improve communities? Send up your essays for the 2023 Africa Philanthropy Network Essay Contest.
The 2023 Essay Contest aims to strengthen youth voices by giving them a chance to share innovative ideas on how African philanthropy may solve community problems via practice and innovation.
How much can African communities use the force of African philanthropy to innovate and practice their way out of the problems they encounter daily? Through this Essay Contest, the APN aims to inspire young people to develop solutions for this crucial issue.
This effort fits nicely with one of APN’s main goals for the year, which is to strengthen and increase APN’s ability to serve as a thought leader and go-to platform for advocating for African philanthropy. African teenagers between the ages of 18 and 35 are the target audience for this initiative.
African Philanthropy Transforming Community Challenges: Innovation and Practice is the subject of the essay contest.
Africa Philanthropy Network (APN) Essay Contest Eligibility
- Youth aged 18-35 years old;
- The contest covers all sub-Saharan African nations
- Fluent in Portuguese, French, English, and Kiswahili.
Africa Philanthropy Network (APN) Essay Contest Award
- The first ten (10) winning essays will receive awards from APNs in the form of money and recognition. Incentives will also increase, including the chance to speak at peer learning events, a certificate of participation, and social media profiling.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
How to Enter Africa Philanthropy Network (APN) Essay Contest
All entries must be electronically submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.The person’s name, and any available contact information should appear in uploaded entries.
- Email addresses and social media handles for contact
- copy of a passport or identification card
- Passport-size photo (high resolution, 1024 × 768 pixels, no larger than 7MB, in jpeg or PNG format)
- Maximum word count of 1500, Arial Narrow font, size 11. The word count does not include citations or footnotes. Noncompliance will result in automatic disqualification. Plagiarism is unacceptable, and all participants are urged to cite their sources if they plan to use data that is not their own.
- All submissions must be made in either Swahili, French, Portuguese, or English.
- Each participant is limited to one entry.
We believe this article has been of great help to you in your research. Please leave a comment, complaint, or recommendation in the comment section. We will make sure to reply as soon as possible.