The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), developed the Central Admissions Processing Systems (CAPS), to address the inconsistencies associated with the regular admission system.
The admissions process has many stakeholders whose roles have been captured in CAPS. It helps several tertiary institutions officers operate and perform their roles in the admissions process.
The policy set by the Joint admission and Matriculation Board states that all admission would be made online through the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS)
Consequently, all candidates seeking admission into Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education and Other tertiary institutions in Nigeria for the 2022/2023 Academic Session are advised to visit the JAMB CAPS portal to check their admission status and also indicate the acceptance or rejection choice of their admission.
Admission offer through JAMB CAPS enables institutions to locate candidates from the available pool based on several criteria such as JAMB score, State of Origin, Gender, etc.
If you’re looking to learn how to accept or reject an Admission Offer on JAMB CAPS, you’ve come to the right place as we’ll guide you through the steps to achieve that.
Acceptance or rejection of Admission offers on JAMB CAPS require a few procedures.
Please Note: If you accept the admission, you are no longer viable for consideration by other institution. If you reject the admission offer, you’d still be eligible for consideration by other schools that still have admission spaces.
JAMB CAPS 2022/2023: How to ACCEPT or REJECT (Admission Offer JAMB CAPS) on a Personal Computer
- Go to the JAMB E-facility portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
- Supply your Email Address and Password in the required columns and then log in.
- Then locate and click on Check Admission Status.
- Select your examination year, supply your JAMB registration number in the required column, and click on the ‘Access my CAPS’ button.
- Select ‘Admission Status‘ on the left panel.
- Locate and click on the ‘Search’ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
- You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
JAMB CAPS 2022/2023: How to ACCEPT or REJECT (Admission Offer JAMB CAPS) on a Mobile Device
If a personal computer is unavailable and you’ve got a mobile device, you can still access your admission status. First of all, you need to install a Chrome browser on your mobile device.
Select the desktop mode option and follow the following instructions:
1. Go to the JAMB E-facility portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
2. Type in your registered email address, password, and login.
3. Click on Check Admission Status.
4. Select your examination year, type in your JAMB registration number, and then click on the ‘Access my CAPS’ button.
5. Select ‘Admission Status’ on the left panel.
6. Click on the ‘Search’ key beside your JAMB Registration number to load your profile.
7. Click on ‘Accept’ if you want to accept the admission offer or ‘Reject’ if you don’t like it.
After accepting the admission offer, you should probably print out the admissions letter and try to find out the admissions fee and other requirements to proceed with your admissions.
Best of Luck!