The Governing Council of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, announces a vacancy for the position of University Librarian. Interested and qualified candidates can apply.
The Vice-Chancellor holds the University Librarian, a Principal Officer of the University, accountable for the overall management of the University Library and its outlying branches and expansions.
This role also requires providing library services for the entire University community and developing linkages with other library publishers and organizations nationally and internationally.
Qualifications and Requirements
Eligible candidate will possess the following qualities and qualifications:
- A relevant PhD degree
- Versatility in I.T. and library automation
- A good record of scholarly publications through reputable media
- Not below the rank of Deputy Librarian or equivalent in a University setting
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience and the ability to start new projects at a university system or other similar entity.
- Not above 65 years of age at the point of assumption of duty
- Membership in relevant professional associations
- Must be registered with the Librarians’ Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN)
Condition of Service
The remuneration and service conditions align with those applicable to the post of a University Librarian in a Federal University in Nigeria. The Council and Government will determine specifics from time to time.
Candidates are required to submit 30 copies of their application letter and comprehensive CV, attaching photocopies of relevant credentials.
These must be under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked “POST OF UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN, ABU., ZARIA” and addressed to the Secretary to Council and Registrar, Ahmadu Bello University, P.M.B. 1045, Zaria, Kaduna State.
Candidates are encouraged to ask their referees to provide reports about them to the same mail address under confidential cover.
All applications and referee reports must be submitted by six weeks from the date of this publication.
This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned librarian to serve in a prestigious role at one of Nigeria’s foremost universities.
The successful candidate will contribute to the vibrant academic community at ABU and shape the library’s future direction and impact on students and faculty alike.
Please share this article with your friends.