Applications from candidates who have the necessary qualifications are currently being accepted for the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Basic (IJMB) and Remedial programs for the [aca year] Session.
The Basic (IJMB) curriculum is an advanced level program (DE) for individuals hoping to be admitted by Direct Entry into any Nigerian university. It lasts for a full year.
A period of (9) months is required for the remedial program. Successful students will be admitted to ABU Zaria after the program.
ABU IJMB Admission Requirements
Basic (IJMB) Studies Programme
- Candidates for this program must require a minimum of five (5) credits, including English Language and Mathematics, in not more than two sittings with any of the following subject combinations:
BS1: Biology, Chemistry, Physics;
BS2: Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics;
BS3: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics;
BS4: Chemistry, Geography, Physics;
BS5: Mathematics, Geography, Physics.
- Candidates admitted to the Basic Studies Programme are also expected to register for 2021 JAMB Direct Entry Admission.
- The duration of the Basic Studies Programme is twelve (12) months only.
ABU Remedial Admission Requirements
Remedial Studies Programme
- Candidates for this program must possess at least three (3) credits in science subjects (in not more than one sitting) with any of the under-listed subject combinations and any two passes at ‘O’ level in the other subjects offered in the school.
RS1: Biology, Chemistry, Geography;
RS2: Biology, Chemistry, Physics;
RS3: Biology, Geography, Physics;
RS4: Chemistry, Geography, Physics.
- Candidates admitted for the Remedial Studies must register and pass at credit level the SSCE or NECO in the subjects they are deficient.
- Candidates must also register for the 2023/2024 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government, and choose Ahmadu Bello University as their first choice.
- The duration of the Remedial Studies Programme is twelve (12) months only.
How to Apply for ABU Basic & Remedial Admission Form
- Visit the SBRS site at sbrs.abu.edu.ng
- Click the link, ‘Create Account’ or ‘Please Login’ if you have already created an account. In the account creation process, Enter your surname, first name, and other names (s) (if available).
- Select your gender, provide an active email, then supply and confirm your password.
- Login now with your supplied email address and password
- Choose the program you want to apply for:
- Remedial (RS1, RS2, RS3, RS4)
- Basic or IJMB (BS1, BS2, BS3, BS4, BS5, BS6)
- Update your profile:
- Picture Upload
- Click the ‘Buy Form’ then click on “Pay Online.’ You can either Pay online using your ATM Card or ‘Print’ the transaction page and take it to any commercial bank for payment.
Deadline: Not specified.
Share this page with someone, and ensure to keep tabs on us as we continue to update you with more school information.
We at realmina wish you success in your academic pursuits.