If you’re looking to gain admission into the prestigious Lagos State University for the 2023/2024 academic session. This article will walk you through the entire process. From eligibility criteria to application methods, we’ve got you covered.
LASU Admission Screening Exercise
There are Two Paths of Entry into LASU;
- Regular Students Pathway (Path A): For candidates looking to get admitted via UTME (100 level) and Direct Entry, the Online Admission Screening Exercise is a must. This pathway caters to aspirants for the majority of programs on offer.
- Regular Students with Entrepreneurship (Path B): For those keen on the Entrepreneurship Program and their main courses of study, this pathway serves only UTME candidates for the 100 level. Successful candidates earn degrees such as B.Eng/B.LIS/B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Sc (Ed)/B.A. (Ed) together with Certificates in Entrepreneurship. Note: This excludes programs within the College of Medicine.
Important: Candidates can only choose one of the above pathways for the screening process.
Eligibility for First Choice Candidates
Applicants who’ve selected Lagos State University as their primary institution of choice in the 2023 UTME and have achieved a score of at least 195 marks are qualified to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
Furthermore, these applicants should be at least 16 years of age by 1st October 2023.
For Pre Degree Studies (PDS) Graduates
All students from the Pre Degree Studies (PDS) program who’ve successfully concluded their studies and aim for admission into Lagos State University for the 2023/2024 academic Year, having selected the institution as their primary choice during the 2023 UTME, and achieved a score of at least 195 marks, are eligible for the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
Direct Entry Candidates
All candidates, inclusive of those from the LASU Foundation (JUPEB), seeking admission into Lagos State University for the 2023/2024 academic year and have procured the Direct Entry Form from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), are also eligible.
This is contingent upon them having selected Lagos State University as their primary institution of choice.
Note: Only diplomas from LASU are deemed acceptable for Direct Entry (DE) admission, with the exception of NCE into the Faculty of Education Programmes.
Candidates of Lagos State Origin
Applicants originally from Lagos State, aiming for admission into the 100 & 200 levels, who’ve previously verified their claims with the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) established by the Lagos State University, will have their claims automatically recognized during the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
For Regular Students (Without Entrepreneurship Training):
Faculty of Arts
- Christian Religious Studies
- History & International Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Peace Studies
- Portuguese / English
- Theatre Arts
Faculty of Communication & Media Studies
- Mass Communication
Faculty of Education
- Arabic Education
- Biology Education
- Business Education
- Chemistry Education
- Christian Religious Studies Education
- Computer Science Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Economics Education
- Educational Management
- English Education
- French Education
- Geography Education
- Guidance & Counselling
- Health Education
- History Education
- Islamic Studies Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physical & Health Education
- Physics Education
- Political Science Education
- Special Education
- Technology & Vocational Education
- Yoruba Education
Faculty of Engineering
- Aeronautic & Astronautic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics & Computer Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Environmental Sciences
Survey and Geo-Informatics
Urban and Regional Planning
Faculty of Law
- Common/Civil Law
- Common/Islamic Law
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Banking & Finance
- Business Administration
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management
- Local Government Development & Administration
- Management Technology
- Public Administration
Faculty of Science
- Computer Science
- Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
- Science Laboratory Technology
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Geography & Planning
- Political Science
College of Medicine
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medicine & Surgery
- Radiography & Radiation Science
School of Agriculture
School of Library, Archival, and Information Science
- Library & Information Science
School of Transport and Logistics
- Transport Management & Operations
For Regular Students (With Entrepreneurship Training):
All courses listed above, excluding those in the College of Medicine.
Entrepreneurial Certificate Courses on Offer:
Beyond the B.Eng, B.LIS, B.Sc, B.A, B.Ed, B.Sc (Ed), and B.A. (Ed) courses mentioned previously, certificates will also be awarded in the following entrepreneurial courses as part of the Regular Students with Entrepreneurship Program;
- Animal Husbandry (Snail Rearing)
- Water Treatment and Packaging
- Crop Production and Processing
- Fish Farming
- Draughtmanship and Building Drawing
- Tailoring and Fashion Design
- Digital Marketing
- Cake Making
- Finger Foods/Small Chops & Cocktail
- Paint Making
- Leather Making and Shoe Making
- Writing and Publishing
- Courier and Logistics Management
- Domestic and Industrial Electrical Wiring
- Furniture and Carpentry
- Printing Services
- Pet Business
- Generator Repairs
- Website Design
- Bead Making
- Event Planning
- Welding, Metal Works & Fabrication
- Make-up and Cosmetics
- Hair Dressing/Hair Making and Barbing Salon
- Interior Design & Decoration
- Motor Vehicle Repairs
- Soap, Detergent & Toiletries Production
- Organic Soap Production
- CCTV and Inverter Installation
- Mobile Application Development
- Hotel Management
- Solar Energy System Installation
- Yogurt Production
How to Apply
A. 2023/2024 Lasu Post-UTME Online Payment Registration Procedure
- Visit www.lasu.edu.ng
- Navigate to Student > New Applicants
- Select UTME/DE Screening here
- Choose UTME Candidate Login
- Enter your UTME Registration Number and surname, and select SUBMIT.
- Click the “Make Payment (Admission Screening)” button.
- Input Jamb Registration Number
- Choose “Admission Screening Fee” for Description
- Select “Ojo” for Campus
- Choose “Student” for Category
- After successful payment, return to your dashboard.
- Click Start Admission Screening.
- Your basic bio-data will appear. Choose either Regular Student Admission Screening or Regular Student With Entrepreneurship Admission Screening from the “Type of Screening” drop-down.
- Provide the Transaction ID used for payment.
- Complete the application and print a copy of the Temporary Self-Screening Report. Note: All screened candidates must access their Admission Screening Portal to print their Final Self-Screening Report.
- If updates or corrections are needed, candidates can follow the above procedure again. Note that payment will be required for subsequent screening attempts.
B. Online Self-Screening Form for All Candidates
STEP I: After successful payment, visit here
STEP II: Use your UTME Registration Number AND SURNAME to access the LASU Online Screening Platform. Provide your Transaction ID.
- Fill in your personal details.
- Select your course of choice.
- Upload UTME result slip [MAX 30KB in PDF].
- Choose the number of O’ Level sittings.
- Upload O’ Level result slip(s) [MAX 30KB in PDF].
- Provide required O’ Level details.
Note: For detailed O’Level requirements, refer to the points mentioned after this list.
STEP IV: Review all details and, if correct, tick the “I CERTIFY” button. Then, click continue.
STEP V: Post-submission, you’ll be returned to the Screening Homepage. Enter your UTME Registration Number, then click Download Result to generate your screening report.
C. Online Screening Grading for All Candidates
The grading will be based on the Point Grading System, leveraging the UTME Score and SSCE grades in the five best relevant subjects to the candidate’s course choice.
View the relevant subjects from the 2023 JAMB brochure.
The Point grading system is detailed below:
Utme Point = Utme (400)/8 = 50%
O/Level Point = 50%
Olevel Ssce (Waec/Neco/Nabteb) Grading Points
Total Obtainable = 50%
LASU Aggregate = (UTME Score/8) + O’Level (50%)
For any Online Screening concerns, email email@example.com.
Best of luck with your application! If you dream of being part of the LASU community, make sure you follow this guide meticulously. Here’s to a bright academic future!