If you are interested in traveling to Ukraine, the Ukrainian government has just released a new visa policy. And the good news is that this recent update has made getting a visa to Ukraine easier.
Below are the few steps you need to know before preparing for a Ukraine Visa Application
Check the List to Know if You Need a Visa to Travel
If you hold a passport from one of the following countries:
EU-countries, USA, UK, Switzerland, Canada, Japan, Azerbaijan, Argentina, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Georgia, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Korea, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Paraguay, Russia, Serbia, Tadjikistan, Turkey, Uzbekistan
Congratulations! You can skip reading and go directly to booking tickets and packing bags. Citizens of the countries listed above don’t need visas to travel to Ukraine.
Good news for travelers from
- Antigua and Barbuda,
- Commonwealth of Dominica,
- China, Kuwait
- Malaysia, Mexico,
- Federated States of Micronesia
- New Zealand,
- United Arab Emirates
- Oman, Palau,
- Republic of Peru, Samoa,
- El Salvador,
- Saudi Arabia,
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines,
- East Timor (Timor-Leste),
- Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu
Starting from 1 January 2019, they can apply for an e-visa without a visit to the Ukrainian embassy.
By introducing online visa applications, the Ukrainian Foreign Affairs Ministry has rescinded the regulation of visas upon arrival in international airports of Ukraine.
E-visa application is processed within 9 business days, and e-Visas are issued as single entry visas valid for up to 30 days.
However, in case of a longer trip, the process remains the same standard as for others.
- What Is the Difference Between a Budget and a Standard
- How to Change American Express Card Name
- Will Insurance Pay for a Condemned House?
- Camping in the Desert | How to Survive
- How Much Does a Typical Wedding Cost
- Top 12 Best Paying Jobs in Real Estate Investment Trusts 2023
Important Documents You Will Need
- A national passport, valid for at least three months after the expiration date of the requested visa and having at least 2 blank visa-designated pages;
- Complete and sign the Visa Application form (can be downloaded in PDF here);
- One recent passport-sized photo;
- Valid international medical insurance with at least 30 000 EUR coverage or equivalent;
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of intended stay and return to the country of origin or transit to a third country;
- Invitation letter from company/organization/individual or documents that confirm a touristic purpose of the travel (hotel booking confirmation, touristic contract or travel voucher).
Pay the Visa Fees
Before recent updates, a visa to Ukraine was one of the most expensive in the world. That stopped lots of travelers from having a trip to Ukraine and was a bottleneck for tourist infrastructure development.
So today, a fee for all types of visas is set at 65 USD. However, if you have a right to get a visa upon arrival, be ready to pay 2 250 UAH at the airport, which is equivalent to approximately 95 USD. Note that for urgent visa inquiries, you have to pay double.
Submit Your Documents and Get Your Visa to Ukraine
To request a visa, you should submit your application online. According to new regulations, reviewing an application takes up to 10 working days.
It’s going to take 5 days in case of urgent inquiry. For more information, you can always contact the Ukrainian embassy in your country. Go to the website and choose “Find an embassy” in the top right corner to find your country.
That’s it! The entire visa process now became quite simple and similar to most of the world’s popular destination countries. So it’s time to go for an adventure, no more excuses.