Stop Waiting For Jamb And Get Admission Into 200Level in any University in Nigeria to study any course of your choice. Click here to get details about this and take advantage of this opportunity!!
This is to inform the public that Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment Form is out. So in other to be selected and shortlisted for final intake stage, you must meet the eligibility requirements and qualifications set by Nigerian Customs Service management
Please be guided that it’s extremely pertinent to value and treat the information provided on this page about Custom Service Recruitment as relevant because it plays a big role through the application process.
How to Apply for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment
Applicants are to complete application form free of charge and print out the following documents;
- Local government attestation form.
- Parent/ guardian consent form.
- Acknowledgment form.
The Nigeria Customs Service statutory functions can be broadly classified into two main categories namely, core and other functions:
(i) Collection of Revenue i.e. Import and Excise Duties and Accounting for same.
(ii) Prevention and suppression of smuggling.
Today trade facilitation has become a fundamental role, progressively seen by the government as an important element of economic policy, with Customs having a unique position within the hub of the international supply chain of goods and services.
(1) Suitably qualified candidates must SSCE/NECO certificates with credits in not less than four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
(2) Applicants must also have General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level and Credit in four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
(3) Applicants must be physically and mentally fit. And must not have a criminal record.
(4) Applicants with any form disabilities should not apply.
These are the mandatory requirement for eligibility.
(1) Be a Nigerian citizen based on birth or descent
(2) Height of not less than 1.7 meters, for men and 1.64 meters for women
(3) 0.87 meters is not a chest measurement full of men
(4) Certified by government medical personnel to be physically and mentally suitable for appointment in services
(5) Don’t suffer any physical or mental disability
(6) Free from any financial shame
(7) Has a good character and is not guilty of criminal offences
(8) Show certificates of origin country signed by the local government president/secretary. Certificates that are certified by a liaison officer are not acceptable
(9) Use only once and make sure that everything you fill is real
(10) The registration and selection process is free of charge
Most of our readers have also asked in comments sessions “how much salary” will be received after the appointment. Be ascertain that this is a federal government para-military and after appointment candidate will get salary as per their norms. Salary structure for Nigerian Custom Officer is very attractive and it will help you and your family solve some essential needs.
For example, a customs officer earns approximately 75,000 Naira per month (if it multiplies by 12 months then it is approximately 900,000 naira per year).
However, those who recently joined this agency should not expect such high salary. Lowest rank officer’s salary is usually 30,000 per month.
From the information given above, we can say that the inspectors have the lowest salary, while the Director-General of Nigeria Customs Service earns the highest salary. Other top earning ranks are sub-controller-generals and assistant controller generals.
Deadline: 6th May, 2019.
Below is a list of ranking positions in NCS:
- Comptroller General
- Deputy Comptroller General
- Assistant Comptroller Generals
- Assistant Comptroller General (ACG)
You can step up your career and join the Knights of our borders that work tirelessly to ensure our borders are safe and are void of vain activities. To register, you must be careful about updates related to recruitment and whenever there is a recruitment practice, be sure to fill out the form. You can get the form and can register at www.customs.gov.ng here.
Before talking about this, let me tell you that the NCS recruitment portal 2021 is not yet open for registration. Many candidates will apply after the opening of the portal and after, this list of shortlisted candidates will also be released by authority at official website www.customs.gov.ng / vacancy.customs.gov.ng.
The released list will clearly shows which candidates will be invited for further screening exercise. We will update this section with screening date, test centers, timetable etc.
Functions of the Nigerian Custom Service
The functions of the Nigeria Customs Service include, but not limited to the following:
- Anti-Smuggling activities;
- Generating statistics for planning and Budgetary purposes;
- Monitoring Foreign Exchange utilisation etc;
- Engaging in Research, Planning and Enforcement of Fiscal Policies of Government;
- Security functions;
- Collection of Revenue (Import /Excise Duties & other Taxes /Levies) and accounting for same;
- Manifest processing;
- Registration and designation of collecting banks;
- Working in collaboration with other government agencies in all approved ports and border station
- Licensing and registration of Customs Agents.
SEE THESE::HOW TO APPLY FOR NIGERIA CBN EMPOWERMENT