Stop Waiting For Jamb And Get Admission Into 200Level in any University in Nigeria to study any course of your choice. Click here to get details about this and take advantage of this opportunity!!
This article is designed to help students who wish to study Soil Science under the Faculty of Agriculture in The Federal University of Technology Yola now known as Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola as it is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered in MAUTECH to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB
The Federal University of Technology Yola now known as Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola, is a research intensive university located in Girei a town in Adamawa State in Northeastern Nigeria. It is one of the 27 federal government university system and one of only 4 federal technology universities established with the sole purpose of advancing science based research. The Federal University of Technology Yola is accredited by the National Universities Commission. The university offers associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD degrees
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Soil Science;
Five SSCE credit passes in English Language Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and any other Science subject.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) RSUST and MAUTECH require at least a pass in Physics.
(2) RSUST requires credit passes in English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
(3) UNICAL accepts Geography and Economics and a credit pass in Physics.
(4) IMSU accepts a pass in English Language.
(5) ABSU require five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science.
(6) MOUAU requires five ‘O’ level credit
passes in not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science and any other Science subjects. Also credit in Agricultural Science must be backed up with at least a pass in Biology.
(7) UNICAL requires credit pass in Physics.
(8) FUAM requires five credit passes in Biology or Agriculture Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language, Physics or any other Science subjects. Accepts a pass in Physics.
(9) MAUTECH requires Five (5) O’Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, and any one from Physics/Geography/Economics
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Soil Science under the Faculty of Agriculture in the above Universities include;
Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science plus Mathematics or Physics.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) SALEM requires Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Physics.
(2) MAUTECH requires Biology/Agricultural Science and any other two (2) of Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Economics or Mathematics.
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Soil Science, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agric Science/Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Economics and Health Science.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS
(i) DELSU accept OND (Upper credit) in Agric. plus five relevant credit passes at O/level.
(2) IMSU Accepts ND/NCE (Double Major) or HND in Agriculture or related discipline with at least a merit pass into 200 level and HND (Upper) into 300 level.
(3) MOUAU accept OND/ND (Distinction/Credit), HND credit into 200 level while those with OND/ND (lower credit) NCE (Double Major) at credit/merit level in Agric are admitted into 100 level. MOUAU also requires ‘A’ level pass in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology/Agricultural Science.
(4) MAUTECH accepts: Two `A’ Level credit passes in Chemistry and Biology. OND/HND with lower credit passes in Agric. Science or any other relevant field. IJMB 7 points in Biology/Agric. Sci., Chemistry, Physics/ Geography at credit level.
(5) RSUST requires HSC/GCE A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology including English Language, ND/UD (upper credit) in Biology or Agricultural Science for admission to 200 level or HND (credit) in Biology or Agricultural Science for admission to 200 or 300 levels respectively in addition to UTME requirement.
(6) UNIBEN accepts Merit in ND (Upper credit)/HND (Lower credit) in any one of Agric- Economics, Agric-Ext., and Cooperatives, Fisheries, Forestry & Wildlife Mgt., Geology, Advanced Microbiology, Food and Brewing Sc., Science Lab. Tech. plus UTME requirements. NCE in Agric. Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics (overall merit pass) plus UTME requirements. Does not accept ‘A’ level pass in Health Science.
(7) OAU does not accept Geography, Geology and Health Science and accepts HND/OND in Agriculture obtained at upper credit level from recognized Institution.
(8) UNICAL accepts HND, ND/NCE (credit level) pass in Agriculture and related sciences.
(9) FUAM accepts:
a) Two `A” level passes in any of Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science/Botany/Zoology or Mathematics, (Pure & Applied) Physics, Geology and Economics).
b) NCE/OND/HND (Credit/Merit) in Agriculture.
(10) EBSU accepts NCE with minimum Merit passes in relevant fields OR HND & OND with minimum of Upper credits in relevant fields.