Stop Waiting For Jamb And Get Admission Into 200Level in any University in Nigeria to study any course of your choice. Click here to get details about this and take advantage of this opportunity!!
The Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is a summer academic enrichment and leadership program for outstanding high school students from around the world. Each summer, students from over 100 countries participate in one of nine interdisciplinary sessions and immerse themselves in a global learning community.
Yale Young Global Scholars invites students from over 125 countries and all 50 U.S. states to spend two weeks at Yale University attending an academic session of their choice. They offer sessions in engineering, biology, international affairs, literature, arts, and more. Participants experience university life through Yale faculty lectures and small-scale seminars, all while meeting students from around the world.
Participants will enhance their academic skills, receive university admission and financial aid application guidance, and join a network of young leaders from across Africa. Following the eight-day program, students will be paired with mentors who will help advise them throughout the university application process. There are no tuition, meal, or lodging costs for students to participate in YYAS. The YYAS is an official program of Yale University.
Yale Young African Scholars Program Eligibility.
- Age: You must be at least 14 years old by February 12, 2020 in order to be considered. Please note that a typical YYAS student is between the ages of 15 and 18.
- English: You must be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. YYAS will also accept applications from refugees living in an African country.
- School location: You must currently attend school in an African country.
- Graduation date: If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest May/June 2021. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest November/December 2020. Students who will graduate secondary school before August 2020 are NOT eligible to apply.
Yale Young African Scholars Program Cost.
- There is no tuition cost to participate in the Program. Room and board will be provided for all students, along with three meals a day.
- Participants are responsible for any passport and/or visa related expenses, and for getting themselves to the venue at the outset of the program and their return home at the end of the program. Participants will also be responsible for any incidental expenses they elect to incur.
- Please note that students from low-income backgrounds who demonstrate financial need may apply for a limited number of travel grants offered by the program. If awarded, the grant will cover the cost of a roundtrip plane ticket between a student’s home country and the program location. Students can only apply for travel assistance after they have received an offer of admission to YYAS. Please note that, if awarded, the grant will NOT cover the cost of securing a passport or a visa, which must be obtained and paid for by the student.
How to Apply for Yale Young African Scholars Program.
All application components—including your teacher’s recommendation—must be submitted by the 12 February 2020 deadline at 11:59pm EST.