Stop Waiting For Jamb And Get Admission Into 200Level in any University in Nigeria to study any course of your choice. Click here to get details about this and take advantage of this opportunity!!
Deputy High Commission of Canada to Nigeria (Lagos) invites applications from suitable qualified candidates for the position below. Reporting to the Deputy High Commissioner, the International Business Development (IBD) Officer contributes to the delivery of the trade promotion program at mission.The IBD Officer will proactively assist and promote Canadian companies in the identification and pursuit of commercial opportunities in Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea and São Tomé and Príncipe through a variety of activities, including the conduct of targeted meetings with local contacts, the organization of trade missions, and the timely distribution of commercial intelligence.
Job Title: International Business Development Officer
Job Ref: 3150
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Vacancy type: Indeterminate
Term Details: This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Lagos, Nigeria.
Read also: Real Estate Sales Executive at Loraché Group
Summary of position
- Reporting to the Deputy High Commissioner, the International Business Development (IBD) Officer contributes to the delivery of the trade promotion program at mission.
- The IBD Officer will proactively assist and promote Canadian companies in the identification and pursuit of commercial opportunities in Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea and São Tomé and Príncipe through a variety of activities, including the conduct of targeted meetings with local contacts, the organization of trade missions, and the timely distribution of commercial intelligence.
- Candidates will initially be screened against the Essential Qualifications relating to education, experience and language.
- Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a major in a discipline related to the job requirements (e.g. Business Administration, Economics, or a similar field) or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience (without a completed
- Bachelor’s degree, six years of experience required).
- Fluency in English (oral & written).
- Network of contacts relevant to international business development in Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea and São Tomé and Príncipe;
- Experience promoting Nigeria’s outward foreign investment;
- Master’s degree in relevant field of study.
- Experience working in a diplomatic mission, international non-governmental organization, a multi-lateral organization, private company, or government environment doing international business development;
- Experience dealing with government ministries/ departments, NGOs;
Recommended: UI/UX Designer at PhosMobile
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when required;
- Ability to attend offsite meetings as required;
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally as required;
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Any job offer is subject to receipt of satisfactory references and the ability to obtain and maintain an Enhanced Reliability security screening (security clearance).
- Candidates must have a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period. If the employment is indeterminate, the work authorization should be permanent or itself lead to a permanent work authorization.
Normal work-week is 37.5 hours: Monday to Thursday 7h30 to 16h00 (30 minutes unpaid lunch break); Fridays 7h30 to 13h00. Area of selection:
- This position is open to individuals who are eligible to live and work in Nigeria who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date.
- Please note that the Deputy High Commission of Canada in Lagos does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly.
- The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community.
- Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
NGN 11,752,935 per annum.
Application Closing Date: 8th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications will only be accepted when submitted through our online portal – http://wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=3150&
- Candidates are also required to upload a cover letter, including the assessment questions listed below, and CV in English and/or French. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
- Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: RSCEMA.Personnel@international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
Resources: Roles and Services of the Trade Commissioner Service – http://tradecommissioner.gc.ca/
Eligibility Instructions (to be included in cover letter)
- Assessment questions have been included for candidates to complete and include in their cover letters along with the application. In order to be considered for the position, please note that candidates must answer all questions (#1 and #2). Please include the information in paragraph form. Responses must be your original work, and cannot use text from the internet or other sources. Applications using copied text will be disqualified.
- You will be assessed on your spelling, grammar and effective communication on the application and further along in the process if you’re screened in.
- Applications not including responses to these questions will be screened out.
Question #1 (750 words maximum)
What skills and experience do you have that would help you support Canadian companies pursuing business opportunities in Nigeria?
Question #2 (750 words maximum)
What would you see as the sectors with the greatest opportunities for Canadian companies? What challenges do you see for foreign
NB: Submissions will be verified for originality – use of content from online sources, with or without citation, is not permitted.
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Candidates who apply to this vacancy should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including spam folder.
- Only applications submitted in one of the official languages of Canada will be accepted (English or French). Candidates are entitled to participate in the recruitment process in the official language of their choice and to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
- Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
- If candidates need any special accommodation for exams or interviews, please let us know in advance of these assessments.
- The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for similar openings at the Deputy High Commission of Canada in Lagos which may arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
- The Deputy High Commission of Canada in Lagos does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews / exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
For more available jobs click here