Stop Waiting For Jamb And Get Admission Into 200Level in any University in Nigeria to study any course of your choice. Click here to get details about this and take advantage of this opportunity!!
Maersk Group has an opening for the post of Shift Manager, do continue reading for details on the job and how to apply. Mærsk A/S, also known as simply Maersk, is a Danish business conglomerate with activities in the transport, logistics and energy sectors. Maersk has been the largest container ship and supply vessel operator in the world since 1996.
The available positions are:
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Ensure that all operations at the yard, gate or vessel are executed in accordance to priorities set by the planning team and escalate where changes may be required.
- Communicates vessel operation sequence and stevedoring requirements to subordinates.
- Executes the planned yard sequence and advises planners on information required.
- Ensure the optimum utilisation of all equipment employed during the designated shift period by monitoring equipment work queues and allocating equipment and personnel where required to achieve maximum productivity.
- Supervise the Yard and Vessel and Gate Supervisors & indirectly the gangs and ensures that each gang is organized, that each person knows what to do and when to do it for the vessel discharge and load operations according to plan in order to achieve the highest possible crane productivity.
- Acts as a focal point for any stevedoring issues and ensure that the load and discharge registration is performed accurately and timely.
- Instructs subordinates in safe working practices and maintains a watch over terminal area for unsafe working practices.
- Identifies and solves problems and issues within his competence on a daily basis that may arise with an assigned vessel to improve an untroubled operation.
- Monitor continuous operations at shift changeover times and rest break changeovers.
- Reports problems and issues to the Execution Manager, when necessary especially issues of complexity or great impact on the operation.
- Ensures highest levels of productivity, while adhering to high quality and safety standards.
- Coordinates the container discharge and load operations, yard operations, and berth schedules to ensure maximum productivity and the efficient use of labour and equipment.
- Constantly contribute to improve work processes, methods & improve operational efficiency of operations personnel.
We are looking for
- A university degree Operations Management, Logistics, Business Administration or related discipline.
- At least seven years or more of strong supervisory experience in container terminal operations environment, or similar, related industry.
- Previous experience as a foreman, supervisor, superintendent or other similar position would be expected as a natural progression to this position.
- Familiar with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- Is conversant with the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) regulations for the on-board segregation of hazardous cargoes and storage within a terminal area.
- Advanced computer skills with a sound understanding of modern terminal planning and control systems.
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment acquiring skills, knowledge and exposure to a service provider set up and general exposure to terminal operations.
Read also: Real Estate Sales Executive at Loraché Group
Application Closing Date
15th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Recommended: UI/UX Designer at PhosMobile
For more available jobs click here
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.