Stop Waiting For Jamb And Get Admission Into 200Level in any University in Nigeria to study any course of your choice. Click here to get details about this and take advantage of this opportunity!!
Maersk Group has an opening for the post of Maintenance Workshop Electrician, do continue reading for details on the job and how to apply. Mærsk A/S, also known as simply Maersk, is a Danish business conglomerate with activities in the transport, logistics and energy sectors. Maersk has been the largest container ship and supply vessel operator in the world since 1996.
Read also: Recruitment at FHI 360 for Security Officer
Recruitment at Maersk Group for Maintenance Workshop Electrician
Job Title: Maintenance Workshop Electrician
Department: Terminal Operations/Engineering
- Ensure adherence to established safety practices in the execution of assignments and in the use of tools, equipment and machinery.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and unscheduled breakdown maintenance on equipment assigned to Maintenance Workshop for maintenance.
- Service, repair, deploy, remove and stow away equipment as required using safe driving techniques and safe parking procedures.
- To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on ReachStackers, Empty Stackers, Trucks and other plant and equipment (when required) in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are maintained.
- Troubleshoot and effect repairs on electrical and electronic circuits, digital drive and control systems, programmable logic controllers and electrical component elements.
- To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of Container handling equipment.
- To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
- Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
- Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
We are looking for:
- A Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- The ideal candidate will have minimum 3 years experience as an Electrician in a container terminal engineering environment or in both electrical/electronic fields in any heavy industries.
- Advanced knowledge in Electrical components, maintenance and engineering.
- Age range of 25 to 35.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s license with at least 5 years driving
- Trade test certificate in Electrical engineering.
- Have experience in Automotive Air Conditioner.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills.
- Basic Mechanical Knowledge.
- Excellent visual acuity.
- Works well under pressure.
An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
Application Closing Date: 21st April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
For more available jobs click here