Stop Waiting For Jamb And Get Admission Into 200Level in any University in Nigeria to study any course of your choice. Click here to get details about this and take advantage of this opportunity!!
This is a compilation of the List of Universities Offering Chemistry in Nigeria.
We will also talk about;
– The subject combinations needed to study Chemistry
– JAMB UTME Subjects and Requirements
– O’Level Subjects and Requirements
– and other information you require to successfully gain admission to study Chemistry
List of Universities that offer Industrial Chemistry as a course
The following are the list of universities that offer Industrial Chemistry as a course:
Number of Universities: 57
FUTO Offers the course with options in:
(i) Industrial Chemistry
(ii) Pure Chemistry
(iii) Mineral Processing
JABU Offers the course with options in:
(i) Industrial and Pure Chemistry
NTNU Offers the course with options in:
(i) Petroleum and Petrochemical Concentration
EKSU Offers the course as Pure Chemistry.
UDUSOK Offers the course as Chemistry and Applied Chemistry.
NSUK Offers the course with options in:
(i) Pure Chemistry
(ii) Industrial Chemistry
Subject Combination / JAMB UTME Requirements
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Chemistry under the Faculty of Sciences in the above Universities include;
Chemistry and two of Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) MAUTECH and AAUA accept Agricultural Science.
(2) FUTMINNA, MOUAU and RSUST require Chemistry, Mathematics and either Physics or Biology.
(3) UNAAB, AJAYI, IGBINEDION and UNIBADAN require chemistry, Physics and Biology or Mathematics.
(4) FUTO, FED-LAFIA, ADELEKE, UNIPORT, ABU and DELSU require Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics only.
(5) AUN requires Mathematics, plus any other subjects from the following; Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, Biology, Further Mathematics, Literature in English, Government, History, Economics, Geography, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, and French.
(6) NTNU accepts any Science subjects.
(7) WESTERN-DEL requires Chemistry and two of Physics, Biology and Mathematics.
(8) UNIBEN requires chemistry, Physics, Biology or Mathematics.
(9) TASU requires Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
(10) EVANGEL requires Chemistry, Mathematics and any of Physics, Geography or Biology.
(11) UNILAG requires Chemistry, Physics and any of Biology or Mathematics.
(12) FED-LOKOJA requires Biology, Chemistry, and Physics/Mathematics.
(13) CRESCENT requires chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Chemistry;
You require;Five (5) SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) IMSU accepts a pass in English Language under exceptional circumstances.
(2) ABU accept P.7 in English Language for candidates who show special ability in Mathematics and Physics
(3) UNICAL requires credit pass in Physics /Mathematics. UNICAL accepts P. 7 in English and one of Mathematics or Biology.
(4) BSU requires a credit pass in Mathematics.
(5) UNILORIN requires Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics or Biology for UNILORIN.
(6) OAU and AAU accept any other subject in lieu of Biology.
(7) UNIBADAN requires 5 or 6 ‘O’ level credit passes at one or two sittings including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
(8) GODFREY and KUST require five ‘O’ level credit passes including English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and any other Science subject.
(9) ADELEKE and UNIBEN accepts Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
(10) AJAYI accepts Geography in lieu of Physics.
(11) UNIUYO requires a credit pass in English Language
(12) UMYU requires at least five O/Level credits at not more than two sittings, which must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry.
(13) LAUTECH requires Passes at Credit level to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
(14) CRESCENT accepts credit pass in Agric. Science in lieu of Biology.
(15) UNIPORT requires Mathematics and does not accept Biology.
(16) NTNU accepts English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry and any other two Science subjects. (xxi) GOUU same as in Biological Sciences.
(17) MOUAU requires five SSCE credit passes in not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and any other relevant Science subject.
(18) KSU and REDEEMER’S require Five ‘O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Chemistry Mathematics, Physics and Biology/Agricultural Science.
(19) FUAM accepts credit passes in either Geography or Statistics in lieu of Biology.
(20) WESTERN-DEL requires five SSCE credit passes which must include Chemistry, English Language, Physics, Mathematics and either Biology or Agriculture.
(21) NDU requires the five ‘O’ level credit passes in not more than two sittings.
(22) KSU and UNN Accepts Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
(23) KWASU requires credit passes from English Language, Mathematics and any three of Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Further Mathematics and Agricultural Science.
(24) NDA requires the fifth subject from Physics, Agricultural Science, Geography or Health Science.
(25) FUTMINNA requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry and any other two subjects from Physics, Biology, Further Mathematics, geography and Technical Drawing.
(26) FED-DUTSE accepts ND, HND, NCE, IJMB in addition to 5 O/level Credit passes in Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics/Physics.