Stop Waiting For Jamb And Get Admission Into 200Level in any University in Nigeria to study any course of your choice. Click here to get details about this and take advantage of this opportunity!!
This is to notify the general public and interested persons are invited to apply for the Nominations for the African Food Prize 2019.
This African Food Prize is for those(students, institutions and companies in Africa) who have contributed one way or the other to the Agricultural growth of their various nations and deserves to be awarded for their hard work and positive impact.
Nominees are therefore advised to carefully read the objectives, go through the guidelines, check for eligibility and apply.
- GE Aspire Leadership Development Program.
- PG Internship Program.
- Rotary Peace Fellowship.
- GOI Peace Foundation International Essay Contest.
- NZFTS 2019/2020 For Citizens Of Developing Countries.
- Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2019.
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2020/2021.
- IBM Great Minds Student Internship 2019.
- IAS Educational Fund/ Mark Wainberg Fellowship Program 2019.
- JFRF Program 2020-2022 For Early Or Mid-Career Scholars.
With the acknowledgement that agriculture is Africa’s surest path to inclusive economic growth and development, the Africa Food Prize exists to reward individuals and institutions that are pioneering efforts to create prosperity in Africa. It is hoped that this will encourage others to follow their lead.
The prize celebrates Africans who are taking control of Africa’s agriculture agenda and changing the reality of farming in Africa from a struggle to survive to a business that thrives. It puts a bright spotlight on bold initiatives and technical innovations that can be replicated across the continent.
African Food Prize Eligibility.
- The Africa Food Prize can be awarded to any individual or identifiable group of individuals, as well as to established institutions, associations, organizations or government bodies with a formal and recognized judicial and organizational structure contributing to the overall objectives of the Prize.
- The Prize can be awarded to any qualified candidate, irrespective of nationality, profession or location, whose work, and contributions deriving from the work, has had a clear impact on the African situation, nationally, regionally or for the continent.
- The Prize can be awarded with reference to a specific contribution or achievement, or a series of efforts and results in the recent past, preferably within the last few years.
- Current or recent members of the Africa Food Prize Committee, or an institution/organization headed by such a member, are ineligible for the Prize.
- The Prize cannot be awarded to a person already deceased, but will be presented in the event a Prize winner dies before receiving the Prize.
- The Prize can be awarded to more than one winner, but not more than two. If shared, each winner will receive equal prize money (USD 100 000 divided in two), a diploma and a trophy.
African Food Prize Benefits.
- A USD $100,000 prize is awarded to the winner. The Africa Food Prize 2019 will be awarded during the African Green Revolution Forum, scheduled for September, 2019.
African Food Prize Selection Criteria.
The Prize Committee considers the following criteria for the Prize:
- Contribution to reducing poverty and hunger and/or improving food and nutrition security in measurable terms
- Contribution to providing a vital source of income and/ or employment in measurable terms
- Potential for transformative change through scalability, replication, and sustainability
- Increased awareness and cooperation among African audiences and organizations
- Proven leadership potential of the individual or organization, specifically the ability of the to persevere despite significant challenges or risks
Guidelines for Submitting the African Food Prize Nomination.
To be eligible for the Prize, a nomination must be submitted in writing in either English or French.
In order to be considered by the Africa Food Prize Committee, all nominations and supporting documentation must be received by 14th May 2019.
Nominations should be submitted through the link below: