Stop Waiting For Jamb And Get Admission Into 200Level in any University in Nigeria to study any course of your choice. Click here to get details about this and take advantage of this opportunity!!
Do you dream for studying in Sweden. The Swedish Institute (SI) is now launching the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship programme which replaces Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS).
Sweden Institute (IS) is offers Scholarships to study for Master’s degree fully funded. The programme offers a unique opportunities for global professionals to develop academically and professionally to experience Swedish society and culture and to build a long lasting relationship with Sweden and with each other.
- To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2018 – 15 January 2019.
- Apply for an SI scholarship between 4-14 February 2019, follow the instructions below.
An estimated 300 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2019. Usually 1-3 % of the applicants are awarded a SISGP scholarship.
- Work experience: You must have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment.
- Leadership Experience: Must have demonstrated experience from your current or previous employment
- University admissions: You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 4 April 2019.
- Country of Citizenship: Must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for scholarship programme.
Other eligibility criteria: There are also conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more.
Recommended: Humber Entrance Scholarships for International Students (Canada)
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development.
Read also: ICSP Tuition Scholarships at University of Oregon (USA)
* The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members
- Application fee to University Admissions
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
The competition for SI scholarships is very high. We recommend that you also look for other scholarship opportunities from your government, from organisations in your country, or from Swedish universities.
See also: Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London (UK)
You should only submit the required documents listed below in your online scholarship application. We will not consider any other documents than the required ones. You must complete your application in English. Use the forms and templates provided below and complete them according to the instructions, or else your applications will be disqualified.
- Two different letters of reference: you must use the SISGP form for letter of reference. At least one letter of reference must be based on your work experience. It will be a merit if the second letter of reference is based on your involvement in networks or civil society organisations outside of your regular work. The letters should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and in our FAQ.
- Proof of work and leadership experience: you must use the SISGP form for proof of work and leadership experience. The work and leadership form should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organisation or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed and stamped; and then be uploaded as one PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and in our FAQ.
- A copy of your passport: your personal data including name, citizenship and photograph must be shown clearly. Copy of passport should be included together with the CV as a last page. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your valid passport to include.
- A motivation letter: you must use the SISGP form for motivation letter 2019/2020. The form will be available here in January 2019.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV): you must use the SISGP template for CV and the CV should not exceed the number of pages indicated in the template. Additional pages will not be considered. The template will be available here in January 2019.
Recommended: Aalto University Postgraduate Scholarship Finland
Make sure you have a complete application
A complete application must consist of:
- a completed motivation letter
- a CV
- two valid and completed letters of reference
- valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- a copy of your valid passport
If your application is missing one of the required documents above, it will be disqualified.