The University of Waterloo Canada is offering ten Scholarships to incoming undergraduate students, valued at $12,000 to $25,000 each over eight academic terms. These scholarships are open to only international students on study permit. This scholarship is awarded to students enrolling in any program in the Faculty of Mathematics (excluding Software Engineering and Computing and Financial Management).Payments beyond Year One are dependent on the student maintaining an overall academic average of 80% or greater and continued enrollment in an approved program.
Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate interest in mathematics or computer science beyond standard course requirements, including activities such as active membership in math or computer science clubs, enriched mathematics studies, employment/voluntary experiences, or hobbies. Participation and achievement in student government, athletics, music, art, etc. are also considered.
The University of Waterloo one of Canada’s leading research and teaching institute. We strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. For more than a century, we have educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver knowledge leadership for a better world.
range between $12,000 and $25,000 split equally over eight terms
International/study permit student
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- academic performance
- extracurricular involvement as assessed through the National/Global Scholarship application
- Applicants must Have accepted an unconditional offer of admission for the academic year 2018-2019
- Applicant must be an international student.
- Applicants must Be able to demonstrate financial need
Method of Application:
Please complete the online application. Please submit hard copies of all necessary documents to the International Student Office.
- Complete the National/Global Scholarship application
- Go to the Faculty of Mathematics website for further details on application process
- Application is due February 4, 2019
Your application package will include, in the following order :
- complete and signed application
- official high school transcript [if attended more than one school please include all]
- reference letter #1 – Math or Computer Studies teacher
- reference letter #2 – Principal or designate
- copies of all relevant award certificates (originals cannot be sent back to you)
Please contact Carolyn Sedore in the Faculty of Mathematics if you have questions about this award.