Stop Waiting For Jamb And Get Admission Into 200Level in any University in Nigeria to study any course of your choice. Click here to get details about this and take advantage of this opportunity!!
The Romanian Government through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is offering 85 scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Romania, by means of selection of application files, organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research (hereafter, MNE), in keeping with Romanian current legislation. This scholarship is for foreign citizens to study in Romania(fully funded).
The scholarships are awarded for 3 study cycles:
- The first cycle (licenta) is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university studies, as well as to candidates who require the continuation of their studies in Romania.
- The 2nd cycle (master) is dedicated to graduates of university/post-graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation.
- The 3rd cycle (doctorate) is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master).
The fields of study are: political and administrative sciences, education sciences, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural sciences, veterinary medicine, architecture, visual arts.
Eligible Countries: Any non-EU country
Required Languages: Romania
- 3-6 years for Bachelor’s degree.
- 1.5-2 years for Master’s degree.
- 3-4 years for PhD.
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
- Foreign citizens coming from all the states of the world, except for EU member states. Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighboring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programs.
- The applicant for the scholarship must present study papers issued by accredited/recognized educational institutions, have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case.
- The applicant for the scholarship has not, until 31 December of the year in which he/she was nominated, more than 35 years of age – for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively – for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies, including health field.
- The applicant for the scholarship must not hold Romanian citizenship, did not request or did not obtain a form of protection in Romania, is not a stateless person whose residence on Romanian territory is officially recognized according to the law, is not a member of the diplomatic corps accredited to Bucharest or member of family of the diplomatic corps accredited in Romania, has not benefited from a scholarship from the Romanian state on the same course of study.
The scholarships provides :
- Free of charge tuition.
- Free of charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students halls of residence, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose).
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing :
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for undergraduate students (1st cycle).
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle.
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for postgraduate students (doctorate degree) 3rd cycle.
N/B: These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to personally support any other additional expenses.
Steps on How to Apply
- First Step: Prepare the following documents
- Official letter issued by the diplomatic mission of the country of origin accredited to Bucharest or the diplomatic mission of Romania in the country of origin or residence.
- The MFA application form (Appendix 1) for a scholarship in Romania, filled in correctly.
- The MNE application form (Appendix 2) for the issue of the Letter of acceptance to study in Romania.
- Legalized copies of the obtained study diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent + bachelor’s, master’s and doctor’s degrees, if any) and their legalized translation into one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian, if required.
- Legalized copies of matriculation sheets/diploma supplements related to graduate studies and their legalized translation, if applicable.
- Legalized copy of the birth certificate and certified translation in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian.
- Copy of the first 3 pages of the passport.
- The medical certificate attesting to the fact that the person enrolling in the study does not have contagious diseases or other conditions incompatible with the required studies.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the applicant.
- Recent photos – 2 pieces, passport format.
2. Second Step: Submit your application files through diplomatic missions.
N/B: Application files submitted by post or directly to the MFA or to the MNE, as well as application files received after the announced deadline will not be taken into consideration. This scholarship is offered annually.