Ethiopia is the oldest independent country in Africa. In fact, it is one of the oldest countries in the world, and remains the only country in Africa which has never been colonized. Some historians believe that Ethiopia may well be the beginning of mankind. Just looking at a road map of Ethiopia shows that much of this country is inaccessible to tourists, and thus unknown by most of the world. Curious yet? From crater lakes to ancient monasteries, from wildlife to vacation resorts, Ethiopia is one of the most exotic and fascinating countries where you can study abroad.
How To Apply For Ethiopia Student Visa From Nigeria
If you are going to Ethiopia for any reason, you will need a visa to enter the country. Either you are going to do business or as a tourist or on transit or for vacation or for study. A visa will be your authority to enter and do anything in the country. The reason you want to travel to Ethiopia will determine the type of Visa you apply for. In this case, you want to go to Ethiopia to study, so the type of Visa you will need is Ethiopia student visa.
I will want to advice you at this point never to pay any self-claim online agent who will promise to do all for you while you sit at home doing nothing. Most agents online will tell you several things just to get you to pay them. After you pay them, they disappear with your money. The best way to get your Ethiopia student Visa is to do it by yourself.
Ethiopia Student Visa Application Methods
Generally, there are two methods of processing your student visa for Ethiopia. The first is through the Ethiopia Embassy and the second is by processing the visa online. The first option is the one available for Nigerians. Therefore I will only stick to that and not bore you by talking about the second method. The first method process is as follows:
- Apply and secure an admission in any institution of your choice in Ethiopia.
- Obtain a visa application form at the Ethiopia embassy. The address is below.
- Carefully fill in your particulars, sign and date the form.
- Attach the following documents below
Ethiopia Student Visa Required Documents
Honest and complete documents is one of the criteria of getting your Ethiopia student visa. You don’t want to present any false documents or mis state any information. Below are the documents you must present at the Embassy for your Ethiopia student visa from Nigeria.
1. Valid Nigerian international Passport
2. Copy of online application form which you have filled correctly.
3. Recent coloured passport size photographs
4. Police Character/ Clearance Certificate.
5. Vaccination Certificate against Yellow Fever.
6. Formal letter of application for student Visa from your institution in Ethiopia
7. A copy of the letter of admission
8. A copy of the letter of acceptance
9. Copies of qualification documents
10. Acknowledgement of receipt of application;
11. Online payment receipt
12. Financial Capability evidence
The consular officer might ask for other documents.
Address Of Ethiopia Embassy In Nigeria
Plot 332, Cadastral Zone AO,
Telephone number +234 9 461 8642
Email address: email@example.com
The information above is all you need to start your Ethiopia student visa application. If you have any questions, just ask below.