Stop Waiting For Jamb And Get Admission Into 200Level in any University to study any course of your choice. Feel free to call me for more details (08037572937) LUCKY YOU!!
The general public is hereby informed that the University of Benin, center for maritime studies, Information and Communication Tecnology (ICT) runs a two-Year Full-Time Diploma in the following courses
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DIPLOMA
- Credit in Mathematics, English Language, and any other three subject including Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing and Economics A GCE/WASC/SSCE/NABTEB/NECO in not more than two sittings.
- City and Guild (part 1) in any area of Engineering
- A qualification to any of the above.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR ADVANCE CERTIFICATE
- B.Eng. in any Engineering Programs
- B.Sc. in any Science (Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Computer Science, Mathematics or the Equivalent)
- HND in any Engineering programs
- HND in any Science Programs (Computer Science, Marine Engineering, Nautical studies/ICT PROGRAMS)
- Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology
- OND in any Science Programs (Computer Science, Mathematics, Navigation and Nautical Studies, Maritime Studies/ICT Program)
- OND in any Engineering Program
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidate should visit the website www.myuniben.org then make payment through Remita. Proceed with the reference number generated with the Remita and fill the Application Form and submit. The sum of ₦10,000.00(Ten Thousand Naira) for the Diploma Program and ₦ 20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand
Naira) for the advanced Certificate Programs.
Candidate should ensure that forms are clearly filled with all information required. Any application Form not properly filled will not be treated.
Closing date of application is 30th September, 2018.
Furthermore, the Center also runs professional courses at Advance Certificate Level. The courses are as follows:
(i) Oil and Gas Instrumentation and control engineering
(ii) Oil and Gas Electrical Engineering
and Naval Architecture
(iii) Maritime and Naval Architecture Engineering
(iv) Oil Field Development and Subsea Engineering.
The duration of this is 12 months. And waivers can be given to desiring candidates.
- These programs will enormously enrich the Academic and practical knowledge of individuals with experience and those who lack previous experience but are seeking to get know-how and expertise in Maritime/Offshore Technology Operations.
- Graduates from the Centre shall acquire both academic and practical knowledge needed in the Sea Ports, Shipping, Oil, Custom Services, Agencies in Maritime and ICT Industries.
- Diploma in Maritime Studies and ICT is recognized as a Direct Entry qualification in University of Benin, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Science (Computer Science, Mathematics (Pure and Applied), Industrial Mathematics, Mathematics with Physics, Mathematics with Chemistry, Statistics with Computer Science, Physics, Geology and Industrial Physics), Faculty of Education (Department of Vocational and Technical Education) and Library Studies and similar institutions
in the country.
Students must undertake and pass a three-month industrial training period between the first and second year of the program.
O.A. Oshodin (Mrs),