This is to bring to public notice and inform all 2016 aspirants that the Management of the Imo State University Has opened the site for the commencement of the 2016/2017 academic session pre degree registration.
- Pre-degree Candidates are required to take and pass the 2017 JAMB UTME with a pass mark.
2. For a candidate to have a space in the University, he/she must score a minimum of 50% in the First and Second semester exams of the CENTER in addition to the JAMB UTME pass mark.
3. Candidate for Extra- Mural studies must have attempted SSCE/NABTEB with evidence of the subject failed for which remedy is sought.
4. Candidates should make IMSU their first choice if University in the UTME in their application forms.
5. Candidates for Pre-Degree must possess at least (5) Credit passes at not more than two sittings at the SSCE or GCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) or equivalent qualifications. For the sciences, Engineering, Health sciences, Business, Social Science, Law and Education, the five credit include English Language and Mathematics. For Medicine, only one sitting is allowed at the SSCE,GCE,NECO,NABTAB or equivalent qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are to buy the Imsu Pre degree scratch card in any Zenith bank nation wide or at the Imsu micro finance bank at the rate of 6,500.
Candidates should upload the necessary information on the University website www.Imsu.edu.ng and return all completed forms to the Secretary, Center for Extra-Mural and pre-degree studies(CEPS), Imo State University, Owerri.
Extra-mural programme who deficiencies in their O’level exams and seeking remedy examination conducted by accredited public examination bodies like WAEC,NECO and NABTEB or UTME conducted by JAMB. Subjects covered in the programme, include: English Language, Mathematics, Physics,Chemistry,Biology,Government,Literature-In-English,Igbo,Christian Religious Knowledge, Economics, Geography, Agricultural sciences, Computer science, french, History, commerce and principles of Accounts.
Candidates will be required to register on their own with the public examination body of their choice.
The Pre-degree Programme is for candidates who already possesses university admission requirements and seek to undergo a year pre-degree study preparatory for subsequent admission into the 100Level Degree Programme of the Imo State University. The programme will be available in the Sciences, Business, Social sciences, Computer sciences, Humanities,Education, Engineering, Law, Medicine and Health sciences.
For More Educational And Scholarship Updates, Like, Share And Subscribe To RM Blog.