This is to inform the general public that the management of the Ikeja (Lagos) Electricity Distribution Company is offering an employment opportunity for Nigerian Youths.
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence.
The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Chief Finance Officer
- Shall be responsible for effective General Accounting, External Reporting, Treasury Management and Account Payables, including development of operational policies & procedures to ensure financial discipline, preparation and reporting of financial performance of the IE, Coordination of Business Units Finance, effective management of funds and optimizing financing costs, etc.
General Financial Accounting:
- Ensure that Accounting policies, guidelines for recording financial transaction, prudent accounting
- Principles (in consultation with the CFO) and accounting standards applicable as per statutory requirements of company law are framed and followed
- Conduct periodic reviews of the organisation’s accounting policies & procedures and update where necessary
- Responsible for periodic book keeping review
- Supervise the reconciliation activities and financial close activities
- Oversees the preparation of Final Accounts, other regular review reports
- Ensures proper maintenance of General Ledger accounts
- Ensure the maintenance of accounting controls
- Bank and Cash management
- Liquidity management
- Exchange rate risk management
- Interest rate risk management
- Develop policies and strategies for evaluating different investment opportunities.
- Review investment proposals prepared and forward to CFO for investment decisions.
Investments and Fixed Assets Accounting:
- Review the proposals for capital expenditure as per delegation of power (DOP)
- Maintain Fixed Assets records and reconciliations
- Ensure correct and accounting for inventory
Training and Development:
- Conduct Performance appraisal of employees under him and identifying specific training and skill requirements for officers directly reporting to him
- Perform any other task assigned by CFO/Director from time to time
- Other Administrative responsibilities
- Monitor department’s performance through Key Performance Measures.
- Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities of the department
- Identify training needs of officials and arrange to provide the same.
BU Finance Coordination:
- Management of BU financial risks, treasury operations and process management.
External Financial Reporting:
- Statutory reporting
- Regulatory Reporting
- Reporting to Lenders and other stakeholders
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the CFO/ CEO of the company
- Chartered Accountant, MBA will be an advantage, with 9- 12 years of experience in the field of Finance & Accounting and Financial Management, Banking operations Treasury management etc, and at least 5 years in management position
- Advance Accounting and Financial Techniques
- Strategic thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Job Title: Tax Supervisor
Reporting To: Head, Management Accounting, Tariff and Taxation
- Will be responsible for overseeing all tax related activities
- Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE)
- Liaise with the Human Resource department to ensure correctness of PAYE computation.
- Liaise with the Treasury unit to ensure timely remittance of PAYE.
- Follow up with the relevant tax authorities on the collection of PAYE receipts.
- Ensure timely filing of annual PAYE returns.
- Follow up on the collection of E-tcc cards for the staff.
Withholding Tax (WHT):
- Liaise with the treasury and other business units to ensure correctness of WHT deductions
- Ensure timely remittances of WHT deductions.
- Follow up on collection and disbursement of credit notes.
Value Added Tax (VAT):
- Ensure correct computation of VAT.
- Ensure timely remittance of VAT.
- Ensure timely filing of VAT returns
Company Income Tax (CIT):
- Ensure correctness of annual tax computation.
- Ensure timeliness of CIT filing.
- Participating in the various tax audits
- Ensure timely provision of information required for the tax audits.
- Attending to various issues arising from the tax audit.
- Be up to date on all tax laws, enactments and advising the company on the implications.
- Carry out any other duty as requested by Head Management accounting, tariffs & taxation and Head of Department
- This role requires a first degree or its equivalent diploma qualification in Finance & Accounts
- Requires between 4-6 years relevant work experience in an audit/tax firm
- Excellent knowledge of tax laws, tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge and experiences in accounting.
- Have strong and flexible mentoring skills
- Ability to organize and analyse financial information.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to present a professional business image to customers, employees and vendors.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task effectively
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexible to learn.
- Good written & spoken English communication skills.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making.
- Innovative Thinking
Job Title: Learning & Development Lead
Reporting To: Head Talent & Development
- Develop the company’s training budget to ensure that the best quality of training and development is provided within the established budget for all IE employees.
- Conduct timely and economic assessment of training and development needs
- Ensure timely and economic preparation and / procurement of delivery of training courses and schedules. Additionally nominate employees for external training programs
- Conduct surveys to measure the training effectiveness, satisfaction of training participants with the training content, means of training delivery, etc.
- Create, update & modify training policies of all classes of employees based on changing business scenario, feedbacks from training participants, etc.
- Coordinate with the Performance Management unit to acquire data on the training needs of the all employees, and accordingly assist the Head Talent Development in designing training programs, training schedule, etc.
- Ensure economic availability of a competent and well-motivated staff
- Maintain close communication with Heads and staff to discuss training needs and to ensure that they are fully aware of training opportunities available.
- Keep all employees informed of internal and external training and development opportunities.
- Maintain an awareness of developments in the training and development field to ensure that the company continues to take advantage of best practice.
- Co-ordinate with external participants like training institutes for design, development and delivery of training initiatives
- Oversee the maintenance of all necessary training and development records
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- First degree (B.Sc or H.N.D) Social Sciences or any relevant field.
- Minimum 8-10 years field experience in Human Resources management.
- Professional Membership from a reputable HR Institute would be an added advantage
- Curriculum Planning & Design
- L&D Management
- Job Analysis and Design
- Competency Management
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
25th October, 2017.
Click HERE To See More Job Opportunities
For More Job Alerts, Like, Share And Subscribe To RM Blog.