The federal Government of Nigeria has approved The admission Guideline into tertiary institutions across the country. The admission Guideline was presented by the Federal Minister of Education Hon. Adamu Adamu.
According to the hon. Minister, this guideline is reduce the stress faced by Nigerian students while seeking for admission and He also said that all tertiary institutions across the country are to heed and adhere to this guideline strictly.
Below Is The Admission Guideline;
- candidates are to present Their Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) results/Advanced Level (AL) results for verification and clearing purposes;
- WAEC, NECO, NABTEB results or equivalent are acceptable as maltriculation requirements;
- presentation of the list of candidates who qualify for screening into individual institution based on the stipulated guidelines by JAMB (find hereby enclosed);
- screening should not demand for another test in any form either written, oral or electronic;
- the list of qualified candidates awaiting SSCE/AL results can be kept in view (K.I.V) pending the release of their results;
- consideration of the recommended list as forwarded by JAMB should be completed within one month from the date of receipt of the list;
- each candidate is expected to have a minimum of five (5) credits at SSCE including English, Mathematics and any other three (3) relevant subjects to his or her discipline;
- any candidate who does not possess the requirements as listed in item four (4) is deemed to have failed the screening process;
- the screening list has been uploaded on JAMB website – http://www.jamb.org.ng for possible users;
- reason (s) for rejection of candidates on the list should be clearly stated with proofs.
- any Institution that has a shortfall in the admitted candidates can make-up for candidates from other departments on the institution list;
For More Educational And Scholarship Updates, Like, Share And Subscribe To RM Blog.