Qualified applicants are invited from various Universities in and outside the country to apply for the 2016/ 2017 Academic Session programmes listed below.
Applicants should have it in mind that this postgraduate program is only for those that wants to study in the department of Mass Communication, Faculty of Social Sciences.
1. Postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication (PGDMC) – Part-Time
2. Masters in Mass Communication ( M.SC). – Full-Time
3. Doctor of Philosophy in Mass Communication (Ph.D). – Full-Time
DURATION Of Study
The programme is structured to last for two years in the case of PGDMC, one year for course work and maximum of two sessions for both the Masters and Ph.D programmes.
a. PGDMC – Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree of any discipline especially in Social Sciences, Arts, Humanities and any other degree acceptable to the Nasarawa State University not below Second Class Lower Division: (1) Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication from universities recognized by the Senate of Nasarawa State University, (2) HND Mass Communication with Lower or Upper Credit from institutions recognized by the Senate of Nasarawa State University.
b. M.Sc – (1) Bachelor of Science or Arts in Mass Communication, Media Arts, Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, Broadcasting, Theatre / Performing Arts, Film Studies, Information Technology, ICT and Information Science with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division; (2) Candidates from any of the Arts and Social Sciences discipline or those who have Mass Communication, Journalism, Broadcasting, Public Relations, Advertising and Corporate Affairs, with cognate working experience in media and allied establishments are eligible with strong reference in addition to an honours degree in (1) above; with a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
c. Ph.D – (1) Master of Arts or Science Degree in Mass Communication, Media Arts, Theatre / Performing Arts, Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, Film Studies and Broadcasting with a GPA of 3.50 and above on a scale of 5.00 points;
(2) Candidates with Masters Degree in any of the Arts and Social Science disciples or those who have Mass Communication, Journalism, Broadcasting, Public Relations, Advertising and Corporate Affairs working experience or cognate experience in the media or allied establishments with strong references are eligible;
(3) Candidates with qualification specified in (a) above may be exempted from coursework. However, candidates with qualifications listed in (b) above will undergo course work at masters level as determined by the Departmental Postgraduate Board.
How to Get The APPLICATION FORM
The application form is available online via www.nsuk.edu.ng under the prospective students, tab, click on ‘apply online’, then select Postgraduate programmes in Mass Communication.
Please go through the instructions carefully and adhere to it. You will be required to pay the sum of N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira) only via the e-transact payment platform at any branch of the following banks: DIAMOND BANK, UBA, ECO BANK, FIRST BANK, SKYE BANK, UNITY BANK AND FCMB. At the point of payment, additional transaction charges of N300.00 (Three Hundred Naira) only will be required. After successful payment, you will be given a printout that contains a CONFIRMATION ORDER, keep this as it will be required to complete your online application.
Closing date for the sale of forms is December 2, 2016.
Note: there shall be a PRE-QUALIFICATION EXAMINATIONS to be conducted to determine preparedness of candidates for intensive research work.
Like, Share and Subscribe to RM Blog.